Image SEO Tips For 2022 And Beyond. What is Image Optimization? Image optimization is the process of ensuring that the image is in the right format, its thigh quality, has the right dimension size, and resolution while keeping the smallest possible size. This allows the website owner to provide the correct context of an image to search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, and Bing.
The main purpose of image optimization is:
- Complementing other on-site optimization works and help in achieving a better ranking for a website.
- Assuring the clarity of images in the vertical image search section of search engines like Google.
There are many ways you can do image optimization, be it by resizing the image, compressing its size, or caching. One of the key factors of image optimization is; relevant search queries, the numbers of clicks and impressions created by the pages integrated with images. You can also use a Google search engine console tool to check image metrics over some time.
Why is Image Optimization necessary?
Image optimization helps to improve page speed, increase ranking on SERPs, enhance the user experience. It is the on-page SEO technique, which can significantly impact the search engine ranking of a website.
If the image ranking on the Google image section is on top, there is a possibility to get improved organic traffic.
Importance of optimizing web image
An optimized image that helps users to connect to your products has been confirmed. If your website takes more than 3 seconds to load, users are more liable to abandon it, which will affect the ranking on the search engine and conversion.
The question is- Why is image optimization important?
Here are the answers- Image optimization helps in improving a website page load speed, enhanced user experience, boost SEO ranking, and increase conversion.
- Improved Page Speed. The amount of time taken by any Website to load should be as minimum as possible. Keeping website users waiting just because you have a media-loaded website can drive them away. Therefore, image optimization plays a significant role in reducing page load. Normally, the most weight of a Web page is carried by the media files, and optimizing them can properly decrease page loading time.
- Image optimization is a method that delivers high-quality size images on the Website in the right format while keeping the image in the smallest possible size.
- Enhanced User Experience. As discussed earlier, users are likely to leave the web page if the page takes too much time to load. Now that you already know what image optimization is vital, you can holistically complete it to improve the user experience. A Web page should be loaded in 2-3 seconds. If your webpage has proper image optimization implemented, it means that the loading time of the website will be almost the same across all types of devices using the same internet connection.
- Improved SEO Rankings. It is a fact that page speed is a vital factor in concluding search engine rankings for web pages. A search engine like Google also started considering page load speed as a crucial factor in determining the search engine rankings of the pages. This development became trouble to drive around for many websites, and they had to step their image optimization game up to assure that their page load speed was as low as possible.
- Increased Conversions. The direct result of great search engine rankings is that the traffic on your website grows significantly. This means that you are bringing more leads to your website, the number of audiences are increasing, and this consequently means more possibilities for conversions.
7 tips that will help you with image SEO
Image File Type
Image file type impacts the page speed boundaries, which makes it fundamental to pick the right file type for your image. The three regularly utilized file types by sites are – JPEG, GIF, and PNG. The separating factor between these 3 file types is their size. PNG has the biggest size, followed by GIFs and afterward JPEG images. You may be pondering; which file type ought to be utilized? The below stream outline will help you in concluding the file type:
Additionally, at every possible opportunity, guarantee that the size of the file doesn’t surpass 100 KB. You can take the help of image pressure tools assuming the underlying size of the file is huge. The following are a couple of image pressure tools that you can utilize:
However, Google has made incredible progressions in AI, in any case, it helps Google assume that we add context to our images utilizing the file name. For instance, assuming that the image made is identified with bread rolls, it is prescribed to name the file as ‘biscuits.jpg’ and not an autosave file name which is normally as ‘img324.jpg’.
Note: Name an image utilizing the watchword for which you need the image to rank for.
Image Path or Image URL
It’s seen that the vast majority of the sites have website pages in the pertinent organizer, which isn’t true with images. Images are typically included in one envelope as it were. Taking on a similar methodology for including images in important envelopes of the site adds more context to the image. For instance, in case your site is an online supermarket, beneath image URL structure is suggested:
Image Alt Tag
Image alt text or alternative text is another trait that helps in showing the context of an image to the web indexes. It is utilized by screen users that help individuals with visual weakness to peruse the web and furthermore gets shown when there are issues with delivering of the image. This helps in further developing the client experience and is likewise one of the Google positioning elements. The length of the text ought to be under 100 characters.
Note: Site optimization tools or outsider crawlers like shouting frog can help in distinguishing the images which don’t have alt text or have alt text with in excess of 100 characters
<img src=”www.onlinegrocery.com/snacks/chocolates.jpg” alt=”Nestle Chocolates”>
Image Title Tag
Image title text gives one more freedom to add significance to the website page just as the image. This text gets shown when the client drifts over the image. Similar to alt text, you can utilize image title text to add more context to the image.
Image optimization is an easy process.
Follow this guide seriously and you’ll surely be able to reduce the size of your images and make your website more lightweight and faster.
Even after reading this guide you are struggling with image optimization do contact us and we will help you out for sure.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!