How To Use WordPress For Making Website In 2022. Whether you are creating a blog or carrying out an online business, taking the initiative of how to use WordPress might be a tedious task at first. But with little guidance, you can understand how to use WordPress to perform the principal actions required for setting up your site.
Let’s get started with that!
First, you need to understand the significance of WordPress. Following are some of the most well-known features of WordPress-
1. Hosting and a domain name
Before you can start using WordPress, you would need to find a dependable host. Hosting can be regarded as the engine that boosts your site. If you do not possess a host, then you can check out our post on the best WordPress hosting to become aware of your top options.
Bluehost is said to be of great use. It is economical and performs well in our tests when compared to entry-level options.
If you opt for Bluehost, then you can buy hosting and receive your domain name (for free) simultaneously.
The domain name is said to be the website’s permanent address, so it is better to keep it short and memorable and base it on your business, brand name, or any other keywords you wish to target.
2. The WordPress software
You must understand that it is mandatory to install WordPress, which is very easy if you plan to use it.
If you are using Bluehost, they would provide you with a simple setup wizard when you log in, which would help you install WordPress and set up your site. After you complete those steps, you can access your site’s dashboard by going to yourdomain.com/wp-admin. Now, you need to understand how to use WordPress so that you can analyze your site and start inserting content.
3. Understanding the WordPress dashboard
Now, it is time to get familiar with the dashboard. To access your dashboard, you need to go to www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php and replace www.yourwebsite.com with your authenticated domain name. You need to log in with the credentials that you created while installing WordPress.
The WordPress dashboard is the first screen you viewed. It is the back-end of your website – your visitors will never view this part. It is the base for controlling how your site looks and functions. The dashboard helps in providing you with significant information about your site and WordPress news and aids in managing your settings.
If you look over the menu items on the left, you will find everything you require to create your WordPress site.
- Dashboard will aid you to the main dashboard.
- Posts help find and develop fresh blog posts along with categories and tags.
- Media would provide views of the pictures and video library.
- Pages consist of all static pages such as About Us, Homepage, and Privacy.
- Comments will show you the recent comments on your posts.
- Appearance helps to point out the themes and navigation options.
- Plugins are extensions that help in adding extra features to your website.
- Users is the place where you can add subscribers, editors, writers, or administrators to your site.
- Tools provide you with the option for importing a site, troubleshooting your site, and removing user information from the directory.
- Settings help change the site name and tagline, default post categories, your homepage, image sizes, comments, permalinks, and many more.
One of the greatest things about WordPress is the enormous collection of themes. The theme you opt for would be the leading role in determining your site’s appearance. There is an end number of themes available for WordPress. After you find the perfect theme, then installing it on your site would be much easier:
- Click on the Appearance menu
- Select Themes
- Then click on Add New
- The first thing you would see is that you already have some themes. These default themes are pre-installed.
- Additionally, if you purchased a premium theme, then click on Upload Theme and upload the ZIP file from your computer.
- After installing a theme, click on Activate to make it functional. Now while themes control your site’s appearance, plugins also allow you to add features and functionality to your website. If you are thinking of something you would like for your website, then there is a plugin to help you achieve that. Similarly, like the themes, you can insert free and paid plugins from the WordPress dashboard. The option will appear for uploading a zip file, or you can browse through the 55,000+ free plugins.
After you see a plugin, click on Install Now and then Activate it. Plugins appear on the left side of the menu. Plugins are said to be an easy way to add extra features to your site. While some plugins have specified benefits, there are some plugins that every site requires.
Now since you have a theme as per your desire and the plugins you require, you can finally start creating pages. But before that, it is better to understand the difference between a page and a post:-
- A WordPress Page is useful for static, evergreen content.
- A WordPress Post is the details about a specified topic.
While creating a website, you should always have Home, About Us, Privacy, Terms and Conditions, and Contact pages.
This might seem like a lot of pages to create and so the WordPress Editor to make it easy, uses a simple block system. Now there are two methods for developing pages: from scratch or with templates.
Developing a page from base
- To create pages, you need to click over Pages and then press on Add New.
- This will help open the WordPress Editor and a blank page.
- For content that might include pictures, embedded social media feeds, or buttons, you can insert “blocks.” Click on the plus sign for viewing the latest blocks. The WordPress block system gives you access to innumerable design options with just a few clicks. You can even add more blocks to WordPress if the text, design, embed, widgets, and media blocks aren’t just enough for you.
- While searching for the block, you can click on it to insert it to the page. Customization can also be done for each block through the Block options, which appear in the right sidebar.
- Then click on Publish to put your page on your website for your visitors.
Developing a page through the use of Block Patterns
If creating pages from scratch isn’t suitable for you, then try using Block Patterns. Block Patterns are pre-built layouts that help in combining various blocks into different page elements such as pricing tables, headers, text columns, and many more.
If the blank page seems a bit puzzling, then you can find Block Patterns pre-installed in the Block Library:
- Click the + icon to open the Block Library
- Select Browse all
- Choose the Patterns tab
- When you find a block pattern, you are keen on, click on it to insert it to your page.
- And, similar to the standard block, you can change the styles from the right sidebar. Now, patterns might be seen as much more complex. After all, that’s part of their appeal. But since they are standard blocks grouped together, inserting content is no different from any other block. If analyzed more appropriately, you would see that Block Patterns helps in developing pages in an easy manner without removing the professional touch.
Therefore, from the above, I am certain you have the required guide for using WordPress In 2022.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!