How To Take Your Blog’s SEO To The Level Of Awesomeness. With millions of websites created and blog posts published every day, the difficulty in SEO and the blogging landscape is increasing day by day. Gone are the days when you could easily scale up your blog with simple keyword research and creating content.
In 2022, SEO and blogging have changed a lot. Hence, through this article, you’ll learn about some SEO and blogging techniques that will surely help you build a killer blog that works like a machine for you.
We know that there are many SEO tips and advice out there on the internet. But, the harsh reality is that most of those articles are outdated and contain relevant information. Through this guide, you’ll surely learn actionable tips and advice that works. So, without further ado, let’s begin.
1. Select a proper niche
Most bloggers who are SEO experts say that one must always start a blog on a topic that they are passionate about. However, there is one problem related to this outdated advice.
Passion doesn’t always bring profits.
Let’s say you are passionate about drawing and painting and started a blog in the same niche. How much profit can you generate in this niche?
We guess hardy $300 to $400 per month. Not more than that. So, how to choose a blog niche? Choose a blog niche that is evergreen and has a good profitability factor.
2. Setup WordPress like a pro
With more than 40% of the market share for all websites, WordPress is the CMS that most bloggers use. We presume that even you have a WordPress blog. If yes, then the following are things you need to implement for your site to take your blog SEO to the next level.
While selecting WordPress, you need to make sure that your theme is responsive, lightweight, and involves less code. This will make your site light and will have a positive impact on your site speed. We have personally installed the Generatepress theme on site and have not ever never optimized the website for speed.
If you seriously want to take your blog SEO to the next level, then install all the necessary and relevant plugins on your site. WordPress plugins make your site more attractive, and appealing and also play an important role in improving blog SEO. Plugins like Yoast SEO will help you in creating a title, meta, URL, sitemap, and robots.txt file for your site.
While installing the plugin you need to make sure you have installed fewer front-end plugins as compared to back-end plugins. Following are the important plugins that you need to install:
- Yoast SEO
- Smush image compressor
- Google analytics
- WP total cache for caching
- Author box.
- Jet pack for site security
The next important task is to set up your URL properly. You might have observed that there are two different kinds of URL structures that appear on Google. One with www and the other with non-www.
The next thing you need to create is important pages for your WordPress site. About us, contact, disclosure, and disclaimer are the important pages that you need to create.
3. Create pillar posts
Once you have successfully set up your WordPress site, now it’s time to create pillar content. Most bloggers and SEO experts will give you the advice to keep on creating content on a regular basis. However, this is a piece of age-old advice and won’t give you results until you have good domain authority.
This is where pillar posts and content come into play. Basic content won’t get good rankings initially. In fact, they’ll kill the reader’s experience on your site. That’s why you need to create pillar content that is in-depth and covers one topic in detail.
Here’s how you can make pillar posts:
- Do keyword research and focus on search intent.
- Look at what other bloggers are doing and check out their techniques.
- Write a 5-6 long-form pillar post on your selected keyword.
4. Start building some authority
Your site is live and you have also created pillar content. Now, what next? Once your site is live, then you need to give 100% focus, dedication, and effort to building links. If you seriously want to take your SEO effort to the level of awesomeness, then you need to build tons of quality backlinks.
How to do guest posting?
Guest posting is one of the best ways to increase the number of links and domain authority of your site. It can also help you in getting traffic, building relationships with other bloggers, and improving your organic traffic. You can start doing guest posting by creating a list of the website on which you wish to submit your content. You can use the following keyword search operators to find guest posting opportunities.
“Write for us”+ your keyword.
“Submit guest post”+ your keyword.
“contribute ”+ your keyword.
Following are things you need to keep in mind while publishing guest posts
- Submit guest posts only on high DA PA sites.
- Reach out to the site owner with a personalized email and how you have created top-notch content and want to contribute to their site.
- Brainstorm for the topic idea if you have not created any content and look for content gaps on their site.
- Write a high-quality article and make sure that your articles go in hand with their editorial guidelines.
- Include high-quality images.
- Send your guest post and keep on following it up.
5. Optimize your content for featured snippets
If you want to get a decent amount of traffic from Google, then you need to rank on the first page. Pages that rank well on Google get 36.4% of all the search traffic as compared to other sites that are ranking below.
Apart from this, featured results tend to get 56.23% CTR which is amazing. Getting on the featured snippet, which is also known as ZERO rankings, can take your blog traffic to the next level. Some webmasters and SEO experts will suggest that you are unlikely to get a featured snippet until your post is ranking in the top 10.
However, this is not at all true. With the right strategy and optimization technique, you can surely get a featured snippet for any of your blog posts.
Here’s how you can optimize your content for featured snippets
- Properly format your heading tags. They should work in a hierarchy like H1 tag followed by H2, H3, and so on.
- Use FAQ schemes between your blog posts.
- Use questions in heading tags and give an appropriate answer for them.
- Create listicle content as much as possible.
- Create a table of content on your site.
If you follow all the advice mentioned above, you’ll surely get a featured snippet soon.
6. Keep on finding new SEO opportunities
SEO is an ongoing process. It never ends and one needs to be consistent with their SEO efforts in order to maintain rankings and increase the organic traffic of your site. Keeping that in mind, you also need to keep on hunting new SEO opportunities every day.
Here’s how you can look for new keyword opportunities:
- Analyze your competitor’s domain and identify keyword gaps. Look for which keywords they are targeting and their backlink profile.
- Use a good keyword research tool to find the accurate search volume and difficulty of keywords that you are targeting.
- Find broken links and fix them.
- Keep on looking for new websites that are accepting guest posts.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!